Father Seeks Answers After Son Dies Following Alleged Game of Tag

A Pennsylvania father is demanding answers after his teenage son tragically passed away following what appears to be a game of tag with other teens. Sixteen-year-old Justin Johnson, who had sickle cell disease, died on Friday night after reportedly being chased by a group of teenagers who came to his home and invited him to play.

Orville Johnson, Justin’s father, expressed his grief and shock over the loss of his son, describing him as special and cherished. Justin, who had moved to the United States from Jamaica in January 2023, was known to have limitations due to his medical condition, which prevented him from engaging in strenuous physical activity.

The events leading up to Justin’s death unfolded when a group of teenagers arrived at the Johnsons’ home and called Justin to come outside. Surveillance footage captured the interaction, showing one of the teens holding what appeared to be a toy gun. Despite his father’s warnings and concerns, Justin eventually joined the group outside.

Following the alleged game of tag, Justin returned home but later collapsed. Despite efforts to resuscitate him, he was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Nick Johnson, a lawyer representing the family, revealed that the teens had visited Justin’s home earlier in the week, attempting to persuade him to come outside. However, Justin had resisted their efforts until Friday night, when he relented and joined them.

The circumstances surrounding Justin’s death have prompted an investigation by the Lower Paxton Police Department. The family and their legal representative are seeking a thorough examination of the events leading up to Justin’s passing, hoping to uncover the truth behind his sudden and tragic demise.

As the community mourns the loss of Justin Johnson, his father remains determined to seek justice and answers, emphasizing the need for a transparent investigation into the events that unfolded on that fateful evening.

Leave a Comment